Yesterday I was surfing the internet looking for weird stuff and I found that Michigan has some pretty off the wall laws. Why Michigan you ask. Uh, I don't know. Why not? Here are a few of their laws and of course, my commentary on them:
1. Persons may not be drunk on trains. Geeze, I'm glad they didn't expand that to say subways. Thanks for being specific guys!
2. It is illegal to kill a dog using a decompression chamber. No problem, people only kill deer there aparently.
3. Adultery is illegal, but can only be punished upon a complaint by the affected husband or wife. Huh?
4. No man may seduce and corrupt an unmarried girl, or else he risks five years in prison. I'm spear-heading a repeal on this law starting today!
5. The last Sunday in June of every year was named Log Cabin Day. Yoopers probably enacted this one (aka people from the Upper Peninsula, that part of MI that does not look like a mitten).
6. Cars may not be sold on Sunday. And, believe it or not, until just recently, Saturdays either, and there's still only a couple who dare! Go figure that one out. Michigan is still the motor capital but don't allow people to buy cars unless they're playing hooky from work. Oh, Jimmy Hoffa and friends must have gotten that one passed.
7. A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission. Passed when men finally realized a woman does know the difference between four and eight inches.
8. There is a 3 cent bounty for each starling and 10 cent bounty for each crow killed in any village, township, or city in the state. Where are the bounty hunters when you need one?! We have a Goose problem in our backyard. Can this law be enacted in Sherrills Ford? And all those unemployed people around here saying they can't make a living!
9. It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house. That's why Michigan folk just kill them.
10. You may not swear in front of women and children. Yes, you! Watch your mouth! This one still gets upheld: A couple years ago a man got fined for doing this after his canoe tipped over and he lost his beer and gun.
11. Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony. And they do think this state would vote for Charlton Heston for President? That would be a real competition! Charlton Heston v. any Democrat. There I go giving Republicans ideas again.
If you appreciate the content published here please "Like" us below: